Monday 19 September 2016

Coming in October!

Hey guys, I am excited! Want to know why?

Because, since starting this blog back in July, I am going to be doing my first hashtag challenge ^_^

This one is about Kigurumi (keh-goo-roo-me), the Japanese word meaning Wearing Stuffed Toy. You have probably already noticed, this is becoming a more popular practice already with adults in your region. Some people openly wear them in public, others only to private parties & anime conventions, while others yet wear them for warm PJs.

However, in October 2016, I will be challenging you to wear your own in a public place and have a friend photograph or film you, as well as people's reactions to it. If you can, challenge your friends to wear them with you and go as a group (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧


So please share your videos on your social media with the hashtag #KigurumiChallenge and #Kawaii365.

Yes I'll be wearing it around town also, here in Red Deer, Alberta. You're not alone!


Helpful Tips:
  • Always go with a friend. This minimizes harassment and embarrassment.
  • Make sure you're wearing clothes underneath, in case you need to remove it.
  • Start small, like a run to a convenience store or to get the mail.
  • Ask first if you can wear it to work or school, to make sure it fits within policy.
  • If people say "It's not Halloween!" just reply with "Well, it is October, so..."

Where To Buy:

I got mine from an individual seller via eBay. It came from Asia so it took about 3 weeks from order date. However, there are lots of reputable places from which you can purchase a Kigurumi:


Image result for cute divider

I know this has been done before, but from my research, not since 2014. And I know I don't own this hashtag, it is public domain and just for fun! ^3^

If I can find your picture of you in one, you will win a custom art prize! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Thanks and see you soon! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment